What is Imagine?
“Everyday life is like programming, I guess. If you love something you can put beauty into it.” - Donald Knuth
At Imagine, we believe that building software should be a thing of beauty. We are building a SmartCompiler:
- that will allow you as an app developer to generate high-quality, editable boilerplate code,
- for various code domains in an app,
- in any backend or frontend framework of your choice,
- with auto-generated extensive test coverage, logging, documentation, and deep analytics,
- ALL from a simple config file that you writes in Imagine's easy, intutive syntax.
You can see how our SmartCompiler works at a high level, check out our functionality summary of our current V1 release as well as upcoming functionality, and also get an overview of our documentation.
How does our SmartCompiler work?
- First, you install our SmartCompiler on your machine using an npm package manager.
- You then create an empty Django app on your machine.
- Next, you select your app settings and express your app specifications in our
.imconfig file using Imagine's simple syntax.
- You then compile and run our SmartCompiler, which translates our converts our
.imconfig file containing your specs into production-ready Django code.
- The code generated using SmartCompiler is pre-instrumented allowing all our generated code to have 100% code coverage, logging, documentation, and deep analytics.
- Finally, we don't have any lock-ins, so the output code you generate using SmartCompiler is 100% editable by you.
Our functionality map
A high-level summary of the functionality that our current V1 supports, as well as additional functionality that we plan to release in upcoming versions in the coming weeks.
|Functionality||Imagine V1 (current version)||Coming soon|
|framework coverage||+ backend: django ||+ backend: node, flask |
+ frontend: react
+ mobile: reactnative
|data model||+ define an app's data model |
+ many to one relationship
|+ many to many relationships|
|storage||+ databases sqlite3, mysql, postgresql ||+ cloud storage s3 |
|API||+ backend: API handling |
+ formats: RestAPI, graphQL
|+ frontend: API calling |
+ formats: fastAPI
|authentication||+ backend: add permissions|
|additional modules||+ tests: 100% unit and end-to-end test |
coverage for generated code
|+ authentication (with support for |
multiple providers e.g. Auth0, Okta,